This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /cygdrive/a permission denied
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Ahmed Hashim <hamada_18 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:02:46 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: /cygdrive/a permission denied
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Ahmed Hashim wrote:
> --- Larry Hall wrote:
> At 01:30 PM 1/15/2004, Ahmed Hashim you wrote:
> > >I'm using cygwin on Windows XP. I want to create a
> > >boot disk for my target machine
> > >
> > >when I do the following:
> > >dd conv=sync if=install/bin/redboot.bin
> > of=/cygdrive/a
> > >
> > >I get the following message:
> > >dd: opening '/cygdrive/a': Permission denied
> > Use /dev/fd0 instead.
> I thought about that but I don't have /dev/fd0 in fact
> I don't have /dev at all.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html