This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installed files permissions after an update of cygwin
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "GarulfO:<>" <garulf0 at free dot fr>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:07:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installed files permissions after an update of cygwin
- References: <40071A21.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 05:54 PM 1/15/2004, GarulfO:<> you wrote:
>I recently update my Cygwin version.
>The first bit (execution) of the permission is set for all my files, for group and sometimes other.
Windows sets the execution bit on all files it creates. Is that what you're
>Did I make a bad manipulation ?
Perhaps, unless it's the issue I mentioned above.
>Can I correct this problem ?
Sure. Use 'chmod' unless you're not on NT/W2K/XP/W2K3/LMNOP... or working
on a FAT/FAT32 file system.
>I saw an old mail on this subject but with no reponse. And I couldn't find more info in FAQ.
That's cause your question isn't really an FAQ AFAICT.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html