This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge
- From: Laurent Vaucher <openup01 at rd dot francetelecom dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:28:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge
- Organization: France Telecom
- References: <NUTMEGFm9jg1pbFMFkb00000131@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: openup01 at rd dot francetelecom dot com
Unfortunately, PMTU discovery doesn't work over avian carrier. Sending It reminds me of a Calvin & Hobbes strip where Calvin and his father
stand at one end of a bridge with a sign reading "Max. weight: 15 tons".
So Calvin asks his father how people knew that the maximum weight
allowable on the bridge was 15 tons. And his father replies that they
cross the bridge with trucks each time heavier and when the bridge
breaks, they record the weight of the last truck that crossed safely and
rebuild the bridge identically.
out bigger and bigger packets until you find the size that makes the carrier
choke was banned by the humane society.... But it's a good way to make
By the way, does SFU support RFC 1097 : Telnet-Subliminal-Message option ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html