Re: deleting a file ending with a dot

Hello, David!

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:05:31PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>   Maybe there's a problem with the perms on it?  What output do you get from
> "ls -la file." and from "cacls file." ?

ls: cachedmetrics.: No such file or directory

I don't have cacls installed, but getfacl also says "No such file or
directory".

>   BTW, this would have been a better bug report...

I'm afraid that this is a Windows feature :) -- to be able to create
files and then not to be able to work with them :/ .

> ... if you had told us what
> actually *happened* when you tried all those things - did you get error
> messages?  Did unlink return an error code?  Or did just nothing happen?  Or
> did your machine BSOD and start smoke pouring out the back?  Knowing what
> happened is the first clue to start working out what went wrong, you see.

Thanks for the tip :) . All programs said that they cannot find such a
file. Unlink returned ENOENT. When I click on "Properties", there is no
file name in the window.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.