Re: Is cygwin really for me? (Need c++ compiler)

But you missed Chris's point.  This list isn't for discussing, comparing,
contrasting, and general sharing on the best way to compile apps for
Windows and other platforms.  While there may be folks on this list that
can provide you with some input on your inquiry, continuing this discussion
here on the list would not be appropriate.  Those who want to reply to you
should do so directly so that this thread doesn't "clutter" the list.

Thanks,

Larry