This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: deleting a file ending with a dot
* I couldn't see the permissions of the file.
* ls |od suggests that there were no hidden chars.
* Wildcards/tab find the file, but deleting fails with ENOENT.
* The file has not been opened, and the problem persisted after reboot.
* Scandisk didn't complain about a bad file name.
* I couldn't move the upper directory (don't remember the error message
I was able to delete the file using its 8.3 name, mentioned in another
Thanks much for your help!
With kind regards,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html