RE: Win XP crash with inetd ftp server

  Nonetheless, the odds are that this is only indirectly caused by running
an ftp server.  My bet is that your network card has a buggy driver.  Error
0x4e means the virtual memory page frame number list has been corrupted.
Only a kernel-mode device driver could hope to achieve this.  It may be the
case that the bug in the device driver is triggered by some ioctl that
cygwin happens to send that most win32 applications don't, but your best bet
is still going to be surfing the 3com website and seeing if there's a newer
version of the driver.

  If you have windbg and the xp debugging symbols installed, you could check
the memory.dmp file that was created by the bsod.  Or you might wish to run
the driver verifier on it in order to show that the driver definitely was or
was not at fault.  However these are fairly advanced topics and it really
doesn't look like this is a cygwin problem.

    cheers,
      DaveK