This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GNU make and VPATH problems
- From: Pete Flugstad <peteflugstad at mchsi dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:01:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: GNU make and VPATH problems
- References: <400EC74B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Pete Flugstad wrote:
So, before I start trying to debug GNU make, has anyone seen anything
like this? I'll work on recreating the problem with a simplified setup,
so I can post an example here, but I'm hoping someones seen this before.
Getting no response, I downloaded the GNU make 3.80-1 sources from:
and do a configure/build with -g. And it works just fine. No problem
finding the source files in VPATH.
Just to make sure, I compared my binary /usr/bin/make.exe to the one
from the .tar.bz2 file downloaded from the above URL, and they were
Seems like maybe an GCC optimization bug somewhere, which my debug build
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html