FAQ/ug suggestion [was RE: 1.5.6 is there a problem with this build?]

 ...one of the others being that if you haven't configured it correctly, it
replaces all the unix line-ends with DOS line-ends when expanding a TAR
file.

  Might I suggest that there should be a similar warning added to the FAQ or
user guide (or perhaps extend the existing one) about the fact that you
shouldn't use WinCVS to access source code for use with cygwin, for the same
line-ends reason ?

See, e.g. http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-01/msg00381.html

    cheers,
      DaveK