RE: 'entrypoint __getreent missing' problem in the binary distribution files for Windows ! How to proceed, how to report the bug ?

  Nope, this bug does not exist.  Nobody else has had this problem; there
must simply be something wrong on your machine.  Somehow your installation
has gone wrong.  The packages offered for download ARE working, HAVE been
working in the past, and probably will CONTINUE to work in the future.

  The _getreent function is a recent addition to cygwin (well, a renamed
function rather than an addition to be precise) and has only existed since
june this year.

  It seems to me that you are mixing an old version of the cygwin dll with
newer, more recent versions of the binaries that were compiled for the newer
dll version.  The most likely cause of this problem would be that you didn't
use the proper "setup.exe" to install your cygwin but tried to do it
yourself by hand.  And the most likely solution would be to reinstall cygwin
*PROPERLY*.

> *** From my point of view, this bug exists "since months" and
> nobody cares of it. This is absolutely horror and might cause
> a very-bad reputation of open-source & freeware, as the
> binary distribution is a "must" for rookie users. ****

  How could you possibly believe that there would be a terrible bug existing
for months and nobody would notice, or say anything, or do anything about
it?  Do you think everyone is stupid except for yourself?

  Still, congratulations on winning the "Ultimate Trash Site Award 2001"
[http://muellseite.de/utsa01.htm] for your homepage.

    cheers,
      DaveK