This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No on-screen response to keypress until press spacebar
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:38:03 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: No on-screen response to keypress until press spacebar
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Currently experiencing a weird problem in Cygwin on W2000:
> In a rxvt window, both " and ' behave in the same way: pressing either key
> results in nothing on the screen, but pressing either key followed by
> <space> results in the expected ' or " appearing, without the space.
This is the dead-key feature (or problem). Within X11 you can load the keymap
with the "nodeadkeys" option (but then you can only compose keys like à and â
with the compose key).
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html