This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Add "Why doesn't ^Z (Suspend) work?" to FAQ?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:46:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: Add "Why doesn't ^Z (Suspend) work?" to FAQ?
- References: <Law10-F50NoRvqWwNN800025a6f@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:43:50PM -0800, Richard F. Burleigh wrote:
>Control-Z (^Z) had never worked to suspend simple commands (less, du
>-a, etc.) in my default cygwin environment.
>So I spent several hours searching the Cygwin FAQ, Google, and Cygwin
>mailing lists before finding the solution. All I needed was to set the
>"CYGWIN" environment variable to "tty". (I finally found this in the
>"The CYGWIN environment variable" section of the Cygwin User's Guide).
>I'd like to spare others this waste of time. Could this
>question/solution be added to the Cygwin FAQ?
I guess if this question were to crop up here frequently, the answer
would be "yes". It hasn't.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html