This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'bash --login -i' takes 9 secs !
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: pd <pdzierza at poczta dot onet dot pl>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:41:24 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: 'bash --login -i' takes 9 secs !
- References: <128150614682004-0127201852!poczta.onet.pl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, pd wrote:
> 9 seconds to start up bash on PIV 2.6 machine is way too slow
> for me :-)
> The faq q&a "Why is Cygwin suddenly so slow?" probably doesn't
> fit here, because I had never have cygwin 1.3.3 or earlier on my
Yes, you don't seem to have any network drives in your PATH... Please run
"bash --login -i -x true", and see what's being executed.
> Please help with any suggestions.
> output from cygcheck -s -v -r follows:
The cygcheck output looks ok, but please, don't include it inline in the
future. It produces false positive hits on archive searches. The
preferred method of sending cygcheck output is as an uncompressed text
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html