This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: reent_data missing in 1.5.6 cygwin1.dll
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <metcalf at alum dot mit dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:47:22 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: reent_data missing in 1.5.6 cygwin1.dll
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Please try to configure your mailer to wrap at <= 80 characters per line.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> I just updated my Cygwin install and one of my locally-built, old
> Tcl/Tk programs, ical, now reports "The procedure entry point reent_data
> could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll". If I
> back off to 1.5.5 again it goes back to working. Normally I'd just
> rebuild but I had problems last time I tried to build this application
> with the newer Cygwin, so I've been running with an old binary and old
> Tcl/Tk libraries. I am encouraged to bring this up as a bug because of
> the cygwin.com home page saying "Any cygwin program built from December
> 1998 onward should work correctly with newer DLLs."
I don't know the details about this, but I would say it is fixed in the
2004-01-22 Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dcrt0.cc (reent_data): Make global.
* cygwin.din: Reexport reent_data.
> Meanwhile I'll stay back at the 1.5.5 cygwin, so I'm not hurting, but I
> thought I'd bring this to your attention.
Good idea. 1.5.6 is not very stable. Keep your eyes peeled for 1.5.7.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html