This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cut-down Cygwin on a USB Memory Stick?
- From: zzapper <david at tvis dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:36:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cut-down Cygwin on a USB Memory Stick?
- Gmane-nntp-posting-host: cpc3-oxfd4-4-0-cust194.oxfd.cable.ntl.com
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:40:56 +0000, zzapper wrote:
>Anyone investigated putting a cutdown version of CygWin onto a memory
>stick (128MB or bigger).
>What would you need the dlls vim,find,grep,ls etc??
Chickened out, decided on http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/UnxUtils.zip
for my USB Pen Drive as I would only require rudimentary access to
Unix tools on somebody else's PC.
But maybe a project for someone who knows the inner gubbins of CygWin
to create a cut-down version, or document the minimum subset of dlls
BTW if you buy a USB memory stick (they're really cool!) make sure you
get USB2.0 as it can take 5mins or so to write 20Mb using USB1.1
zzapper (vim & cygwin & zsh)
vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"
http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html