RE: cygwin 1.5.6-1: CTRL-C freezes bash

At 10:50 AM 1/30/2004, Brandon Nelson you wrote:

>> > I've looked all over for an answer to this problem, but
>> haven't seen any
>> > reference to it in such a basic form.
>> >
>> > Pressing CTRL-C in bash freezes the shell. I get this error
>> (examples of
>> > varying numbers in curly brackets):
>> >
>> >         {10, 8} [main] bash {1312} sig_send: wait for
>> sig_complete event failed, signal {-33, 2}, rc 258, Win32 error {2, 3}
>> >
>> > Sometimes followed by:
>> >
>> >         Terminate batch job (Y/N)?
>> >
>> > I've tried the latest snapshot, in addition to the current
>> installer,
>> > and still encounter this problem. Below is my cygcheck -svr
>> output. Has
>> > anyone else seen this?
>> >
>> > Brandon
>>
>> I believe <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-01/msg01336.html>
>> sums it up
>> pretty nicely.  BTW, your cygcheck output below does not show
>> you using
>> the latest snapshot.  See <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/> for
>> instructions
>> on installing and using snapshots.
>>   Igor
>> P.S. Next time, please attach the cygcheck output as an
>> uncompressed text
>> *attachment*, as per <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.>
>

>Thanks for the help Igor. I wonder if perhaps 1.5.6-1 shouldn't be offered right off the home page, or whether a disclaimer should be prominent. As a release announced in the news section, it has the appearance of a stable release.

I don't want to get into a debate over what a "stable release" should be
defined as but Cygwin 1.5.6 is a release of the Cygwin package that has
as much (and perhaps more) testing as any other release of the package.
It just contains more fundamental changes than the typical release and
it took the release before some of them were found (snapshots of the
upcoming release are always available to anyone who would like to test
things out before they are unleashed publicly).  There is still some
benefit to people using 1.5.6 to see if there are other problems not already
found too, though it's even better if people would try the latest snapshot
(since that's the first thing we'll suggest if someone writes in with a
problem with 1.5.6 ;-) ).  1.5.7 will be along to make all this moot
anyway. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746