This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin 1.5.6-1: CTRL-C freezes bash
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Brandon Nelson" <Brandon dot Nelson at cnib dot ca>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:30:51 -0500
- Subject: RE: cygwin 1.5.6-1: CTRL-C freezes bash
- References: <65A36F362AAD5549882E50AA216014A692D22F@CNIBEXVS2.org.cnib.ca>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 12:23 PM 1/30/2004, Brandon Nelson you wrote:
>> Please try and configure your mailer to line wrap at <= 80 characters.
>> It *really* messes up the mailing list archives:
>I'm working with IT on it... with Outlook 2000, it can only be
>set in the Exchange server. (heavy sigh)
>> > Thanks for the help Igor. I wonder if perhaps 1.5.6-1 shouldn't be
>> > offered right off the home page, or whether a disclaimer should be
>> > prominent. As a release announced in the news section, it has the
>> > appearance of a stable release.
>> It was originally thought to be a stable release. 1.5.7 is
>> immanent now,
>> so there should be no reason to pull or disclaim 1.5.6.
>Other than to save many people perhaps many hours of
>troubleshooting effort... people like me who thought the problem
>must lie in their own configurations.
Always watch the email list after installing a new version. If there
are significant (or even not so significant) problems, you'll see others
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html