This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with Emacs
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Charles Plager <cplager+cygwin at physics dot ucla dot edu>, Cygwin Mailing list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:51:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Problems with Emacs
- References: <401AA125.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 01:23 PM 1/30/2004, Charles Plager you wrote:
> Before I managed to **** up my cygwin install, I had emacs 21.2.1 installed as well as an emacs package tramp installed.
> Yesterday, I reinstalled cygwin from scratch choosing (among other packages) the latest version 21.2.12 of emacs. Most of the time I try to start the program (using X) , it launches o.k. But sometimes, the window pops up and it freezes taking all of the cpu (it says "loading ed mode"). I have repeatedly tried to uninstall and reinstall emacs and I keep getting the same errors.
> Does anybody have any ideas? Has anybody else seen this?
Try installing the latest snapshot of the Cygwin DLL
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html