Re: Modular setup?

--On Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:39 AM -0500 Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote:

Since I haven't formally announced this, I will certainly be displeased
to see any bug reports about it.  There is a reason why this isn't part
of the cygwin distribution.  It requires too much tweaking to get right
and I don't have the time or patience to add YA stream of newbie
questions to my life.

That said, however, the Setup pm files are the same as are used by the
(also unreleased) 'upset' script:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/?cvs
root=sourceware

But, you are on your own with this.  I am not going to support it
in terms of setting things up, or adding requested functionality.
I may eventually work out all of the kinks and release it but
I'm not interested in having users for the package until then.

cgf

Thanks for the pointer. I already assumed everything you said regarding no support for the time being. Perhaps I shouldn't have opened up this can of worms on the list, but I know how everyone hates to get personal e-mail. In any case, I will grab the perl module and give it a whirl.

Aside from bug reports, would you be willing to consider patches
if I were so inclined to work out some of the kinks for you?

Alan