Re: Is it possible to move emacs from one computer to another?

Charles Plager wrote:

1) Do I just get the source from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/?

No -- get the Cygwin src package for emacs.

2) Are there special cygwin build procedures? When I typed 'configure' (a script that came with emacs), it simply said:
cplager@pointyjr> configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
configure: error: Emacs hasn't been ported to `i686-pc-cygwin' systems.
Check `etc/MACHINES' for recognized configuration names.

Use the script that comes with the Cygwin emacs source, it applies the relevant patches.

3) When past hurdle #2, how do I force a debug build? (simply
'make DEBUG=yes'?)?

I believe the script builds with debug by default -- check the script. -- Joe Buehler