Re: 2004-Feb-17 snapshot change ssh option parsing behavior

On Feb 17 12:58, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Prior to using the 2004-Feb-17 snapshot, the command
>
>   % ssh somehost /bin/bash --login -c date
>
> worked correctly.  Now, ssh gives "Unknown cipher type 'date'."

We're using the latest plain BSD getopt() now.  It's permuting the
options by default.  This was switched off by default in Cygwin so far.

Typically you should quote the command you send to the remote host:

  ssh somehost '/bin/bash --login -c date'

I did that already all the time so I never hit the above situation.

Another way to accomplish what you want is to set the environment
variable POSIXLY_CORRECT prior to calling ssh.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.