Re: Pserver on cygwin corrupts binary files

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 17 18:16, Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:

Because when using textmode, cygwin changes the semantics of I/O
functions in the underlying C runtime. It does (and forces) EOL
conversion on all files read and written to the filesystem as well as
*sockets* and *pipes* for all applications compiled with the runtime.

Nope. Sockets reads and writes are always binary.

The only problem is cvs has special code to do EOL munging itself. I've tried to eliminate that cruft (or #ifdef it out) for the cygwin build, but I never tried to "certify" the pserver for use. As far as I'm concerned, using the cygwin cvs as a pserver *server* is unsupported, although there have been rumors that it works. For some people. Under some (as usual, unspecified) conditions.

Of course, using cygwin cvs as a pserver *client* is always supported.

My point: to track down this issue will probably require getting dirty (e.g. tracing thru the code).

--
Chuck