Re: Control-c not working in rxvt (for exiting jboss server)

Chuck Irvine wrote:
I'm a little hesitant to go to the latest snapshot since I rely on
cygwin for many things. Do you think it is as safe as the current
version?

I think it's much safer, actually. I've been using the latest snapshot since it was released and believe it to be the best since before 1.5.7.

Jboss comes with a shutdown script. I just wanted the convenience of
shutting down via control-c.

How about invoking the shutdown script from the signal handler in the start script (enTrapSIGINT in my example). That way you should get a clean shutdown from the convenience of a Ctrl-C. If you do that, you may want to clear the signal handler from within enTrapSIGINT so that if the shutdown script hangs, you can use Ctrl-C to abort the script.

Dave

P.S. Please ensure your mailer honors the Reply-To header so you don't reply directly to me.

P.P.S. Please adjust your mailer to exclude raw email addresses from your quoted responses. No need to make the job of spam harvesters any easier.