Re: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())

Hi Corinna,

If read() turns out to need a change, could you also check why I need to set varblk mode before each write to remind the API what's going on - from what I remember a second write returns an error unless I reset varblk mode each time. (I call a routine to set to before each read and write, just to be sure... but would like to know that all the extra code can be removed at some time later.)

Please provide a brief test case to reproduce that problem. I don't see that happening.

Corinna

I'm not sure I can, you see: in fixing read, my original failed execution now works. It was a write, backspace, read, write - where the second write fails. Is it possible that calling:

rc = ioctl (fh, MTIOCTOP, (char*)&opblk);

simply resets the error (generated by the old read() routine) and that's why I thought it needed it?

Thanks for fixing the main issue, your support is very good and welcome!
Jason.