Re: errors coming from building from scratch

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:54:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  6 11:43, Edward S. Peschko wrote:
> > I don't see why cygwin could internalize this behavior and provide a consistant way
> > of displaying linking errors via text rather than annoying popups..
>
> Since it has nothing to do with Cygwin, perhaps?  When an application
> is linked against a DLL, the loader process is a Windows internal
> thingy.

but's that's the issue - rxvt *does* do this correctly. As does strace. When you get a
'can't load X server' or other file error, it comes to the console not to a popup.

Why can't cygwin mimic the rxvt behaviour, so each client app (gcc for example) gets
it for free rather than needing to re-invent it?

Ed