Re: Gcc/ld and long command lines (> 32k)

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:07:19PM +0200, Johan Holmberg wrote:
>A short description of my enironment:
>
>- the programs I'm building are C/C++ compilers
>
>- I use GCC in Cygwin to get a "second opinion" from another compiler
>  than the one we use normally (Visual C++).
>
>- I use Cons as my build tool (a Perl program).
>  I use ActiveState Perl (not Cygwin Perl).
>
>So yes, I'm working "outside a Cygwin environment".

Ok, so, sorry, but I wasn't thinking clearly.  The '-X' option to mount
only works when a cygwin programs which invoke another cygwin program.
If you have a normal windows program running a cygwin program, your only
option for a longer command line is (shudder) '@'.

cgf