Re: sysvinit

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:18:11 +0200, Gordon Cichon
<cichon@radionetworkprocessor.com> wrote:

[...]
>What is going wrong here? What can I do to start xinetd as as service?

Prerequisites have to be installed in a certain order which setup.exe
does not handle, so I'd suggest you follow the steps below in order:

1. Install inetutils package.
2. Run iu-config.
3. Install sysvinit package.
4. Run init-config (install init as service, make sure it starts OK)
5. Install initscripts package.
6. Install xinetd and chkconfig packages.

Try:
/sbin/telinit 1
then,
/sbin/telinit 3
and you should have xinetd up and running, check event log for sanity
(I get "permission denied" errors for /dev/console when changing run
levels).

You should first remove/uninstall the packages above, if lingering
around, before taking those steps.

It's been some time since I'd resolved this issue for myself, so I
could be missing some details, just beware.

--
A. Alper AtÄcÄ               OpenPGP KeyID: 0xB824F550