Re: fetchmail/procmail lost messages

Kelly Felkins <kellyfelkins2003@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can I configure fetchmail/procmail to fail *safe*? So that, if
> there are any mail processing problems, messages are not lost?

This should just work.  Read "RETRIEVAL FAILURE MODES" in the
fetchmail man page.

When I try to reproduce the problem with $MAILDIR on a non-existent
drive, procmail indeed doesn't fail, but delivers the mail to my home
directory instead.  Perhaps it would be better if procmail just failed
(and maybe it can even be configured to do so), but at least the message
isn't lost.

Robert