The Choices Are Exim, Exim and, er, Exim...

Hi people,

Well, I don't suppose I need make too much more a point of my
disappointment - seems Cygwin packages include only one of the four major
MTas (Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Exim).  Exim is the only one showing here.
 Sendmail or Postfix are my faves, and I want one of those.  I've STFW on
several terms suggesting ports of each of these to Win32 or Cygwin; I was
shocked at a zero response.  Well, maybe not - mail delivery is a UNIX
affair (something I plan to change in future :-) ).  Well, I found a lot
of blabber about Sendmail in 2000, and more articles before this in '99 in
cygwin-apps on an experimental and highly dodgy port of Sendmail.  I
suppose, then, that this port is finished, but I see no mention of it.
I'll say that my searches for packages have been in the provided packages
with the search feature at cygwin.com - google could well have missed
something.

What have people's experience been with any of these transports?  I've
pushed Mercury/32 to its actual limits now, in my desire for serious
advancement in the MTA department.  (Search for my name and you'll see why
this is so.)  While I appreciate the issue surrounding fundamentally the
idea that mail delivery is for UNIX, I honestly think Cygwin should make
that barrier less apparent - it is, after all, just another UNIX.  I can't
offer a hand in porting anything (not to my knowledge, anyway,
particularly as Cyg isn't installed yet :-) ), and since one of the
purposes of setting up Cygwin in the first place on this Windows box was
to introduce a UNIX MTA whose config data could be exported out to BSD or
Linux later when either was installed on the smaller machine I have, the
use of Cygwin rather depends on one (a fave MTA) being available.

Any ideas, recommendations, advice, suggestions, websites, news?  Much
appreciated!

Cheers,
Sabahattin
--
Thought for the day:
    Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people

Latest PGP Public key blocks?  Send any mail to:
<PGPPublicKey@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com>

Sabahattin Gucukoglu
Phone: +44 (0)20 7,502-1615
Mobile: +44 (0)7986 053399