Re: How to set the colors of terminfo's standout mode?

--On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 16:54:37 -0500 Alejandro López-Valencia wrote:

At 07:56 a.m. 28/04/2004, Frank Slootweg wrote:

  Is there a place where all these (I assume ANSI) escape sequences for
colors are listed? When I have that information, I can probably untic an
existing terminfo entry, modify it and tic it back to another name and
use that.

The one I use came with the documentation of an ftp/sftp client I use, yafc. Tis information is very hard to come by if one is in a bind, so I'll include it here. Yafc's info file says:

The escape sequences are defined in ECMA-048, a link to the PDF is at
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-048.htm>. This has also been adopted as ISO 6429, but ISO does not offer a free downloadable version.

It is not the easiest of documents to decipher, but the colour codes are on page 62, part of the section "8.3.117 SGR - SELECT GRAPHIC RENDITION".

You can string together many codes between the 'ESC[' and 'm', separated by semicolons, but which ones work varies depending on what has been implemented in the kind of terminal, and perhaps also on other settings.