Re: Problems to patch files.

This does not appear to be Cygwin/X related.  As such, it is off topic for
this mailing list.  Please review the list descriptions here:

http://cygwin.com/lists.html

and repost to the correct list.  I redirected this reply and further
posts to the main cygwin list since that appears to be correct given this
limited information.

Also, this problem report makes little to no sense.  Please consult the
problem reporting guidelines available here:

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

for how to submit a useful problem report.  Please pay special attention
to the part about *attaching* the required cygcheck output.

More replies inline below.

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Marcus Vinicius M.Fernandes wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am can't compile any programm outside of /usr/local/bin/

In the subject you say you are having problems patching files, but here
you say you can't compile any programs outside of /usr/local/bin.  Which
is it?

What are you trying to patch and why?  What exact command did you use to
do so?  What did you expect to happen and what did happen?

What does can't compile mean?  What does outside of /usr/local/bin mean?

> It does compile but the executable doesn't work.

Ok, now you can compile, but you can't run the program?  What about it
doesn't work?

> I already put the path to my directory

What is your directory?

> in the .bashrc file,

Exactly how?

> but it didn't work.

What didn't work?

> I don't know what to do?

Neither do I as I can't even understand your question.

> Could you help me?

Maybe, if you supply a lot more information.  I understand there may be a
language barrier here, but we really do need more detail and a clearer
problem description to help.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer