Re: spambot?

> If you search google, you'll probably be able to fix your Internet
> Explorer installation so that "RedHat" (sic) does not consider you to be
> a spambot.

I didn't think of using Google.  It doesn't help much, because the search
results are as nearly precise as the search on cygwin site under mailing
list archive page.  The method I used to work around the problem of
searching the mail archive was to run lynx in an rxvt window.  It works
nicely, but lynx doesn't report the current URL.  There is probably a hotkey
I could press to findout the URL, but I haven't search through the
documentation to find it yet...

BTW.  I just did the google search for "RedHat spambot".   I didn't find any
links to instructions on how to configure a browser not to be recognized as
a spambot.  I could easily reconfigure my browser if I knew what it was that
RedHat does not like about it.  I have several privacy protection programs
installed, so it might be something as simple as RedHat expects the browser
to report my e-mail address, or it could be something more complicated...

> Regardless, this should be only a minor inconvenience since you would be
> able to at least point to google cache of the articles or, if you were
> able to read the articles, include the articles themselves.

How do I make sure my google search only covers the mailing list archive?  I
have proxy script I wrote which allows me to browse a website completely
through the google cache.  It rewrites any URL's to point directly back to
the cache.  I find this mostly usefull for searching a website when there is
a routing problem, or the website itself is very slow.  However, this only
works for static pages, not for something like submitting a query to search
for results on a mailing list.

                                     Bill