Missing dll's during setup: cygiconv-2, cygpopt

Hi,

I am having the same problem as Frank Stajano
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-04/msg00551.html) and extensive
search of the internet has given me no solution.

I am using the setup.exe file to download all the files to a local
computer, transfer them to another and then install locally. Yet the
installer always fails with dialog boxes stating "the dynamic link library
cygiconv-2.dll could not be found in the specified path". I also get this
for cygpopt-0.dll, cygicon.dll, cygintl.-2.dll and cygfreetype-6.dll.

Afterwards cygwin fails to run.

In desperation, I tried again, and again with a different mirror and
finally I downloaded every single file from the FTP server for one of the
mirrors (which was pretty big) and it still failed.

I've come to the conclusion that either I'm doing something very wrong
(which, if that is the case, it's not clear on what I should be doing) or
that setup.exe is broken when you try to install cygwin in this method.
>From an uneducated guess the local download is not actually downloading
all the files it should.

Can anyone please advise me on what to do?

Thanks,

Richard