Re[2]: Visual Studio linking

So far so good - not.

I am trying to link against the lib*.a files using the Visual Studio linker, and it seems to accept them. However I do get the following warning;

    libcygwin.a(d001126.o) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.text' sections found with different attributes (E0000020)

Moreover when I try and run the executable, absolutely nothing happens.

Now I remember reading somewhere that MSVCRT.DLL and cygwin1.dll are mutually exclusive, so I flange my makefile to add /NODEFAULTLIB on the link line. I now get the additional message;

    LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mainCRTStartup

I know this is simple to fix, but my brain has just gone to sleep - any tips?

Alastair.