Re: PATH and HOME in cygwin

David Fay wrote:
I am trying to set my PATH and HOME in cygwin. Under the /etc/profile file it says to change the bashrc.bash file and I have amended this but still no change. I also see there is a .bash_profile file in both the /etc/defaults/etc/skel and /etc/skel. I originally thought that this is the file I would amend but I expected this to be in my home directory. Any suggestions?

Try editing ~/.bashrc instead. That file should be loaded when bash is started, and that can be used to set the PATH. If you are using Win2000 or XP, other environment variables, such as HOME, can be set under the Advanced tab in Control Panel / System Properties.

/ martin