Re: Re(4) rlogin problems

On Jun 24 13:23, Guettich, Ulrich, OPM2 wrote:
> >> When I rlogin from PC1 to PC1 I have the same Windows error message -
> which
> >> btw shows an error for "login" -  and a "closed connection" output in the
> >> Cygwin window.
> >> I have now recognized that "rsh PC1 ls" also fails. Again the Windows
> error
> >> message comes up, now indicating an error of "bash".
> >
> >More details, please.  What OS is PC1?  What OS is PC2?  Both are running
> >the snapshot DLL now, right?  Please paste the output you get on the
> >command line into your reply.  And don't hesitate to paste the German
> >output in the GUI error box into that reply either.  Coincidentally I
> >understand a bit of German ;-)
>
> Both OS's are Windows 98 SE. Both are running the snapshot DLL. I only made
> an exchange of the cygwin1.dll on each PC.
>
> The Windows error message is more or less (I can deliver the correct wording
> tonight):

> Ungueltige Anwendung
> Bitte wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller..

Either login.exe doesn't exist on that box (it's essential on the server
side), or you have more than one cygwin1.dll in your $PATH.

Attaching a cygcheck output of the machine showing the error box, as
described on http://cygwin.com/problems.html would make sense.

> Is the stack dump also of interest for you?

Nope.

> I do not get a command line output when I rlogin to localhost or to another
> host - the command hangs.

I tested Pierre's patch yesterday on 98SE and it worked for me.  Another
cygcheck output of that machine might make sense either.  Another case
of multiple cygwin1.dll's?

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.