Re: Vedr.: Re: OpenSSH under the CYGWIN package, does not read domain groups in /etc/group file.

At 03:43 AM 6/24/2004, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Fair enough, I'll do that next time.
>
>The problem is, that even after making a brand new passwd and group file, I
>still get the same result. The only output I edited was the group and
>passwd files, where I deleted some of the lines, so as not make it to long.

It sounds to me like you have now created passwd and group files using the
'-d' flag, but I can't be sure.  If you haven't please do so.

>To me it looks like MKGROUP group is the result I get, if the group
>specified in the passwd file dosn't exist in the group file.
>Does CYGWIN do some additional checking of the group - like asking the
>domain server, if it's the right group (something that might be blocked or
>not allowed)? In the same breath, i'll say I haven't seen any evidence
>pointing in that direction, in the logs that I have access to.

Cygwin utilities (like 'id') really just work off the '/etc/passwd' and
'/etc/group' files.  In your case, if the group you're using isn't there,
it will return 'mkgroup'.  So either you don't have the group in question
in your '/etc/group' file or maybe it's just you don't have access to it?
Is the 'id' output from cygcheck better now?  That's certainly something
that's troubling.