Re: Reference Resource

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Bianca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have just launched http://www.dictionary.net which is a unique reference
> resource offering comprehensive word and phrase definitions.
>
> I noticed the list of acronym resources at:
> http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/
>
> Would it be possible for you to add a link to our dictionary from your list?
>
> Kind regards,
> Bianca

Hi, Bianca,

The OLOCA (or "Official List Of Cygwin Acronyms") is not a compilation of
word definition resources, but rather a set of (slightly humorous)
interpretations of the common acronyms used on this mailing list.  It is
not intended to promote any particular web resource[*], and any links to
other web sites are either incidental or prompted by the definitions of
the individual acronyms.  Adding arbitrary links will go against the
purpose of the OLOCA.  Therefore, I regret to say that we can't add a link
to your site there.
	Igor
[*] Granted, the phrasing of the intro made it seem that it directed
people to a couple of particular acronym lists.  This (hopefully) has been
rectified.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu