Re: MapViewOfFileEx errors with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Ok, I tripped the error again.  Here it is, in all of its pristine glory:
>
> c:\cygwin\bin\vim.exe (2568): *** MapViewOfFileEx failed, Win32 error 6
>
> Weirdly enough, I did not find this exact message anywhere in the sources
> (there's only one occurrence of "MapViewOfFileEx failed" in the current
> CVS, and it has other things in the message).  If anyone has any ideas
> on where it's coming from, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Never mind.  I spoke too soon, and my "current CVS" turned out to be not
all that current.  The message above comes from pinfo.cc, line 197.

<CYGWIN-TECHNICAL-STUFF>
  Would it work if I built my own DLL, with debugging, and inserted a
  "try_to_debug()" call before the api_fatal()?  Frankly, I've never had
  much luck getting gdb to start from the "error_start" setting in
  $CYGWIN, but I'll see if I can get this to work unless the above info
  helps someone track this down sooner.
</CYGWIN-TECHNICAL-STUFF>

HTH,
	Igor