Re: Same code, same script, different results

Mikael Åsberg wrote:

Lol, you're right, Igor, that test case was far from minimal. Should've cut it down, of course. On the other hand, I often see people cutting away what they think is unrelated code or whatnot, when, in fact, they are cutting away the cause of their problems when posting questions.

That's why, when posting a minimal illustration of the problem, one needs to test that minimal case to make sure the problem still exists! Often the process of creating or cutting down something to a minimal case enlightens the questioner to the point of discovering the actual problem. I like to call this "doing your homework".

PS. I remember once having the cygwin mailing list in "usenet style format" in outlook express, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? DS.

You mean news://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin?

--
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!