RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution

> It would seem that bin #1 is consuming the majority of the effort.  I
> think that by changing priorities and re-allocating people and
> resources, it should be possible to create integration tests and a
> "stable" distribution.  Such would increase Cygwin's acceptance and
> usage for potentially hundreds of millions of people.  Is this not a
> good thing?

Speaking for myself, as one of the package maintainers: I'm not
open to, nor willing to be, "re-allocated".  I *volunteered* as
a package maintainer in order to fill a particular position in
the Cygwin ecosystem.  I will continue to fill that position for
so long as it is interesting and fun for me to do so.

Someone trying to "re-allocate" me would immediately make the
position non-interesting, not-fun, and result in my volunteering
my time elsewhere.

-Samrobb