Cygwin & openssh(d) & login without password

Hi,

I'm having terrible trouble trying to be able to login without a password to a cygwin sshd, even from another user on the same machine. The sshd is working fine for password logins.

I've read lots of web pages about how to set it up, and I believe I've followed them, eg http://bumblebee.lcs.mit.edu/ssh2/ (for openssh to openssh):

Consider the following case where I have two users on the same computer, joe (who runs the ssh client), and mary (joe logs into the mary account):

The ssh client user's identity has to be in the other user's authorized_keys2 file. In this example, the two files are identical.

The permissions of the files have to be right:

[mary@mycomputer]~/.ssh> ls -al
total 1
drwx------+ 2 mary None 0 Oct 5 15:05 .
drwx------+ 3 mary None 0 Oct 5 13:30 ..
-rw------- 1 mary None 607 Oct 5 15:05 authorized_keys2

   [joe@mycomputer]~/.ssh> ls -al
   total 12
   drwx------+   2 joe    None            0 Oct  5 15:36 .
   drwx------+  39 joe    None            0 Oct  5 15:36 ..
   -rw-------+   1 joe    None          668 Oct  5 14:08 id_dsa
   -rw-------+   1 joe    None          607 Oct  5 14:08 id_dsa.pub
   -rw-------+   1 joe    None         9695 Oct  5 14:57 known_hosts

And yet it is still asking me for the password:

   [joe@mycomputer]~/.ssh> ssh mary@mycomputer
   mary@mycomputer's password:

The only other things I can think of are the contents of ssh_config and sshd_config.

sshd_config includes:
   DSAAuthentication yes
   RSAAuthentication yes
   PubkeyAuthentication yes
   AuthorizedKeysFile      .ssh/authorized_keys2

Am I doing anything wrong?
Is there anything else I should be checking?

--
Regards,
-- Dave Campbell