Re: Fix: Socket problem w/ apache & perl cgi (fwd)

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:06:02AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
Larry Hall schrieb:
Yup, that's a known issue. It's not actually Cygwin that requires the 'SYSTEMROOT' environment variable setting. It's winsock. :-(

"Known Issue". How I hate that word!

Ok, I'll setup my private wikipage on just a wiki which will suite me.
(and which allows it).

Huh? You weren't a participant in this thread but you are responding as if there was an issue here that you needed to know.

Yes, astonishing, but sometimes a little bit of thinking in a broader context than the current thread is required. You asked me to collect the known issues topics, remember?

What does this have to do with anything?  Is this in reference to your
POSIX compliance thread?

Obviously. The main part of the POSIX compliance had nothing to do with POSIX, just with unexpected behaviour aka "Known Issues".

I will keep you informed then, so that you can discuss it on the
mailing-list.

This is important for us to know because...?

...because you wanted to keep a known issues discussion on the mailing list. besides in the users guide on FAQ as I assume.