RE: FW: question about cygwin OpenGL

To step back a bit: My ultimate goal is to install the PyMOL package
with python on my Windows XP and to run it on cygwin. It appears from
Brian Ford's message below (my thanks to him) that the cygwin XFree86
binaries must necessarily include the GLX extension in order to mesh
with the OpenGL libraries. That means it would be unnecessary to compile
a GLX package from another source, since the cygwin XFree86 binaries
already have everything needed. Is this correct?

I have sent the PyMOL developers a message outlining my problem, but I
have a few questions that I think would be better answered on a cygwin
list:
1. Is the GLUT library included in cygwin's OpenGL package?
2. Does cygwin's python version include support for threads and
megawidgets?

Thanks to Igor Pechtchanski and Brian Ford for their kind suggestions. I
will of course be grateful for any answers to the questions above.

Yours truly,

John P. Sutter
SPring-8/JASRI
1-1-1 Kouto, Mikazuki-cho, Sayo-gun, Hyogo-ken 679-5198
JAPAN