Re: Cygwin SWIG package - who is using it, and for what?

Reini Urban wrote:
Max Bowsher schrieb:
I took over as packager of SWIG for Cygwin a while ago, and am now
getting ready to produce a new package.

SWIG seems to make incompatible changes with depressing frequency, so
decisions on when to package a new version need to be made with much
greater deliberation then other packages - to that end, I'd to get an
idea of how much the current swig package is being used, and for what.

libming: for python and tcl not yet swig'ified (manual updates): java, php, perl, ruby.

Ok, I had a look at the source (though the tarball that I looked at seemed somewhat broken in the build system).

This swig binding seems to be just one module - rather than a set of interacting modules. It is the support for multiple interacting modules which is in turmoil, so I'm hoping ming will work fine with more recent swig.

Do you have a cygwin package of ming that I could test a proposed new cygwin swig package against?

Max.