Re: HyperThreading

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Ford" <ford@vss.fsi.com>
To: "Pablo Ruiz Garcia" <pruiz@netway.org>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: HyperThreading

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Pablo Ruiz Garcia wrote:

Well I found a minor workaround.. set Affinity of proccess to only use
one CPU (Thread).

Threads and CPUs are not remotely the same things, so I don't know why you have that in parenthesis.

I have it in parenthesis, because *I* know that CPUs and Threads are not the same, but as I'm talking about a problem with "hyper-THREADING", I thought this way it would be easier to understand what i was talking about.

I´m Sorry if this is a problem for you, but, in fact, I dont care anyway.

But, I guess it's nice to know that you found a workaround for a problem
only known to you.  How do you expect it to ever be fixed if you don't
actually report it, or at least confirm that it has already been reported?

This problem has been reported in the past.. and I append a mail from another list member who includes references about this problem.

--
Brian Ford

---> Forwarded Mail <---
AFAIK there was some kind of problem with hyperthreading on cygwin,
do anyone know if this problems has been fixed?

No. And they won't be fixed until someone sends a system or enough money to buy a system with to CGF.

-Richard Campbell.
---> End Forwarded Mail <---