libmcrypt make issues...

Please dont flame, I am a n00b, but I have done some research..
I am trying to run a little PHP daemon that requires the blowfish
encryption algorithm. As such, I tried to install the libmcrypt library
and then compile PHP, but so far, I have failed over and over again.
The first time i tried to install libmcrypt, I ran configure with
--disable-posix-threads like the PHP manual instructs me to do, and then
I ran make, which yielded the standard:
undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
I then tried to do make -i, but i get a whole bunch of errors (see
attachment)
then, if I run which libmcrypt, which i think is the way to see if
something is installed, I get nothing.
I also tried compiling php with --with-mcrypt=/full/path/to/mcrypt.h and
that failed also (configure: error: mcrypt.h not found. Please reinstall
libmcrypt.)
Could someone please help me out!? I am getting kinda desperate here,
and I dont have the experience to duke this one out on my own.
thank you
Pieter