RE: Can't create Bash here document. (FIXED)

>What does this display:
>$ mount -m
>
>I suspect that you need:
>$ mount -fsb "$TEMP" "/tmp"

>/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE Microcomputer systems            --72-->

Well I won't pretend to understand what's going on here. I forgot to
mention in my original email that the directory '/tmp' exists and is
writeable: 'touch /tmp/fred' works perfectly. Moreover, if I use
'mount -m' the output is the same as on my machines where I have no
problems.

However, I tried your suggested mount command and "Bingo!" the problem
is solved (or at least it appears to be!). So, I thank you for taking the
trouble to reply and for your suggestion.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Simon <YorkshireSkier at aol point com>