Newbie question regarding tcsetattr

Hi:

I'm a new cygwin user, attepting to port a Linux package that uses the COM
ports to drive a remote device.  I'm finding that calls to tcsetattr don't
seem to work.  What is happening is that although the speed is being
setup correctly, the values that I want for c_iflag and c_cflag are not
being set, but left as they were before.  Is this a known bug (there were
conversations about this last year in the archives) and if so is there any
idea when it will be fixed?, or am I confused (equally likely!)

Usage is:

	int     port;
        struct termios p;
        port = open("/dev/ttyS1", O_RDWR|O_NOCTTY|O_NDELAY);
        memset(&p, 0, sizeof(struct termios));
        p.c_iflag = IGNBRK|IGNPAR;
        p.c_cflag = CS8|CREAD|CLOCAL|B9600;
        cfsetispeed(&p, B9600);