Re: Linking problem

At 02:14 AM 11/26/2004, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>  I use RegisterDeviceNotification Win32 API in my
>program. While compiling under cygwin, linker reports
>that cannot find _RegisterDeviceNotification symbol.
>And I searched and found that
>RegisterDeviceNotification's text is contained in
>libuser32.a, but its symbol is appended @12, what's
>this?
>  Please help me, thanks!

Welcome to Windows.  This is not a Cygwin specific issue so you should
consult further with a Windows list forum if you have further questions
on this issue.  For now, I'll point you to a couple of links on the MSDN
that should help you get a better understanding of what's going on:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/html/_core_adjusting_naming_conventions.asp>

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/html/_core_adjusting_naming_conventions.asp>

If all else fails and you just need to get something working without any
understanding, you can try adding the 'ld' flag '--enable-stdcall-fixup'.
But really, you should read the above so you understand what you're missing
and what you need first.

Holliston, MA 01746